SEVEN CLAUSES OF OUR HOME FURNISHING SERVICES
1. TERM AND TERMINATION
1.1 This Agreement shall remain binding on the parties for a period of for the entire lease period.
1.2 The Client shall be bound by a lock-in period as agreed under this Agreement.
1.3 This Agreement shall not be terminable during the lock-in period prescribed hereinabove. Notwithstanding anything contained herein below, in the event of a termination within the lock-in period, the security deposit as detailed in Clause 2.1 below, shall be forfeited.
1.4 The term of this Agreement may be extended by mutual agreement between the Parties for a minimum period of One (1) month. The Client shall be required to provide to the Contractor a notice of One (1) month for such extension.
1.5 In the event of termination of the Agreement in between the billing cycle, the rent for the month shall be calculated at a pro-rata basis.
1.6 The Contractor shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement in the event that the Client fails to pay the requisite rent amount within the last day of that month.
1.7 In the event of a termination as detailed in Clause 1.6, the Contractor shall be entitled to receive all the goods leased to the Client from the premises of the Client. Additionally, whether or not the security deposit is to be refunded to the Client shall be the discretion of the Contractor.
1.8 This Agreement may be terminated by the Client at any time by providing a notice of One Month to the Contractor in writing.
2. PAYMENT MODALITIES
- The Client shall be liable to deposit an amount as detailed in Annexure I below as security deposit at the time of placing the order upon the Contractor. This deposit shall be in the nature of a refundable deposit, which shall be refunded to the Client at the time of termination of this Agreement after making due adjustments on account of damage, etc.
- The shipping and handling charges for the delivery of goods ordered by the Client shall be borne by the Client as detailed in Annexure I below. Additional charges, if any, arising out of the delivery of goods (labor charges, etc.) which shall be communicated by the Contractor to the Client, shall also be borne by the Client.
- The billing for the first month shall be calculated at a pro-rata basis from the date of delivery. Subsequently, each payment cycle would operate on a month to month basis.
- The rent for each month shall be paid by the Client not later than the 7th day of each month.(Not applicable in case total rent is paid in advance)
- In the event of a failure on the part of the Client to pay rent in a timely manner, the Client shall be liable to pay as per clause 2.6.
- Late fees are levied on the rental due amount only. 3 late fees are applied each month; upto 15th, Rs. 100 would be charged, 5% after 15th and 10% after 25th. Each time, the fee is applied on any pending rental due only, not on late fees that have already been levied. Please note that a minimum of Rs 50 would be levied in each case of a late fee being applied.
- DELIVERY PROCESS
- It is agreed that the Client or its representative shall be present at the agreed date and time to receive delivery of the goods. Non presence at time of delivery will result in the Client bearing additional cost of logistics.
- Delivered goods cannot be returned unless they have major defects or are non-functional.
- It shall be the responsibility of the Client or its representative to check for damages and report the same, if any, to representative of the Contractor.
- The Quality Control Report made and the photographs taken of the goods at the time of delivery shall form part of this Agreement.
- PICK-UP PROCESS
- The date of Pick-up of the goods upon termination of this Agreement shall be mutually decided by Parties.
- It is agreed that the Client or a representative of the Client shall be present at the agreed date and time of pick-up of goods. Non presence at time of pick-up shall result in the Client bearing additional cost of logistics.
- Photos taken at the time of delivery will be matched to ascertain level of damages, if any.
- DAMAGE POLICY
- It is agreed that the Client shall be liable to pay for any damage, loss, or any theft of goods. Goods in a damaged state beyond repair shall be paid for by the Client at its Market Price, decided by the Contractor.
- The Contractor or its representative, at the time of a complaint of damage or pick-up in the event of termination, shall check all goods in order to ascertain the extent of damage. Such determination shall be made by comparing against the photographs and quality control document signed by the Client or its representative at the time of delivery.
- The extent of damage as determined by the Contractor or its representative shall be final.
- A damage report (QC report) will be created on the spot and a copy of the same shall be handed over to the Client.
- Damage shall include without limitation:
- Scratches and dents resulting in structural or major visual defects respectively on wooden furniture.
- Damage arising due to manufacturing defects will not be charged to the Client.
- Tear in upholstery will result in charge towards replacement of upholstery.
- Stains on upholstery which are not removable by dry cleaning will result in a charge for upholstery replacement.
- REFUND POLICY
- At the time of pick-up of the leased goods upon termination of this Agreement, a damage report will be generated by the Contractor in accordance with Clause 5 above. A list of damages will be provided to the Client by a representative of the Contractor.
- Upon receipt of the goods by the Contractor, the goods shall undergo a quality check procedure to determine the repair cost, if any. This cost of repair of goods shall be adjusted from the refundable security deposit and the balance amount will be deposited to Client’s bank account. This process may take up to 7-10 working days.
- In case of early termination, the client can request for closing the order by informing Investors Gurukul 4 weeks prior to the selected closure date. The difference in monthly rental rates between Contract tenure (the tenure selected at order placement) and Actual tenure (effective tenure at early closure) will have to be paid. The amount due will be calculated as:
(Actual tenure rent – Contract tenure rent) * No. of months of Actual tenure. The applicable tenure rates for early closure are:
Upto 3 month’s: Full 3 month’s rental due
3-6 month’s: 3 month’s rental rate
6-9 month’s: 6 month’s rental rate
9-12 month’s: 9 month’s rental rate
12-18th month’s: 12 month’s rental rate
18-24 month’s: 18 month’s rental rate
- MAINTENANCE POLICY
- Maintenance of electronic appliances shall be taken care of by the Contractor for the entire tenure of this Agreement. However, any cost incurred on account of damage/breakdown due to mishandling shall be borne by the Client.
- The Contractor shall address any such complaints received from the Client within Seven (7) working days of the reporting.